Sunday, November 2, 2008

Quick Robin, To the sewing Machine!!

Making Costumes for this Halloween was a lot of work and there were times that I just wanted to throw the sewing machine out the window, but I was so excited when I saw how well they all turned out. Matt actually vacccuum formed the mask to fit his face perfectly and he welded the belt out of steel. He even made the boots himself out of some slippers and foam. Pretty cool, huh?
The hardest part about My costume was losing enough weight to not feel rediculous in a skin tight body suit. I know I'm still chunkier than the real bat girl, but she never had a baby and she's a drawing for Heaven Sakes!





Here's the star of our family. His costume was just a onsie with a badge that I made with Shrinky dinks, and some yellow fabric sewn on. I had to just improvise and make the cape without a pattern, but I think he is just the cutest little robin I have ever seen.







1 comment:

Jacob and Whitney Lauritzen said...

Your costumes turned out great! And you look wonderful Pam! Ethan is so big! I can't believe he's almost two! What are you guys up to?